Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July 18 Challenge Punches.

July 18 already, another challenge with Whimsy.
The challenge this week is Punches and edgers.
I wanted to do something a little bit different with this image. I have a 2 in 1 punch from EK that's how I did the border on each side.
 I also used a border punch from Martha Stewart to do the little dark purple piece around the Fairy. All you do is border punch a strip of paper and score it every 2/8 ths of an inch on a score board and accordion fold it. Then you just add a bit of glue on the point of each fold and I added it to the back of the image piece of paper. Really easy and it gives you a great look.
I used an image from Whimsy Stamps called Faerie Dandelion created by designer Lia Stampz.
She is so cute, very summery. I also added  dandelion pieces. You can click here to jump over to the Whimsy Challenge blog to play along or to check out the wonderful DT creations.

A closer look at my copic colored image.

 For something a bit different and out of the box a picked a dandelion on my walk with my dogs and added some real pieces by gluing them with Glossy Accents. I wanted to give it a more realistic feel.



A close up of the dandelion fluff glued on.
Supplies: Whimsy digital stamp Faerie Dandelion stamp, copic markers, EK 2 in 1 border punch, Martha Stewart border punch and Score board, Bazzill cardstock, Stardust stickles from Ranger, Zva pearls, ribbon.
Thank you for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh this wonderful, I like the dandelion touch, only you girl...Love the colors, and the image rocks! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete