Saturday, April 9, 2016

Pretty Petals 2

Welcome back!!!
I realize that I haven't posted anything in quite some time. Well as it happened I went on a little vacation in January to Costa Rica.....beautiful place by the way.  A couple days before we were due to come home we were walking on a path to go back to our condo after supper and I rolled over on my ankle. I still had to walk quite a ways farther, I happened to roll over on my ankle again and then fell. Long story short...... I walked on my foot for a few days until we got home. Went to the hospital and well I had a broken foot. So the doctor put me on crutches and I got a cast.
 As it turns out  9 1/2 weeks later and I'm still on crutches and have the cast, apparently my foot wants to take it's time to heal. This has been super frustrating and kind of got me depressed, I never realized how hard it is on crutches to do day to day stuff when your not allowed to put any weight on your foot. Right from cooking supper, cleaning and crafting.  I am usually pretty active  but since this I havent been able to go for walks, drive, or  go to work. So it's taking me some time to get out of the slump that I was in and to be motivated enough to craft again.
 But I am being productive and have created some cards using some pretty great images from Miss Daisy Stamps.
The following card is made using an Image called Pretty Petals 2.

I made this card as a birthday card and gave it to my mother-in-law for her 75 th birthday. Very fitting for a lady that love flowers.

 I added a bit of stickles to give the flowers a bit of shine.
 I made the side of the card with a step to give it some dimension.
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my creation!!
Hope to see you back next week

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Charlene! It's lovely to see you posting and crafting again. Your card is gorgeous. The colours and matching flowers are so beautiful. Love the shine on the flowers too! Gorgeous dies. I'm sure your mother-in-law will be delighted. Beautiful work. I hope you can get rid of those crutches soon and I hope your creativity keeps flowing. Thanks for sharing. All the best with your healing. Happy Stamping!

    ReplyDelete